[Qgis-psc] Unscheduled 3.18.1 release?

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 23:15:00 PST 2021

So..... 3.18.0 is unfortunately proving to be a bit of a dud, with numerous
critical issues including:

- georeferencer is broken: https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/issues/41770 (fixed
now)
- a crash in the layer properties for point cloud layers:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/issues/41722 (fixed now)
- Can't access rasters in geopackage through browser:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/issues/41860 (fixed now)
- Crash when exporting DXF files: https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/issues/41858
-- unfixed
- A crash when opening the properties of a raster layer:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/issues/41834 (possibly a plugin issue, but
more feedback is needed as it may be a widespread non-plugin issue (this
code was changed just prior to release))

I think the severity of the georefencer and DXF crashes alone should
warrant a speedy .1 release, given that they completely break some core GIS
functionality.

(I think we should also consider raising a user-friendly warning message
when a user tries to add a las or laz file and they don't have a pdal
enabled build, as we are seeing lots of confusion about this situation too).

What's everyone's thoughts? Should we cut an unscheduled 3.18.1 release
sometime next week after the DXF and raster properties crashes are fixed?

Nyall