[Qgis-psc] Setting up a peertube instance

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Fri Jan 29 05:14:31 PST 2021

Hi All

As you are probably aware I currently post the open day videos to my own
YouTube channel. I would like to put videos to a QGIS dedicated channel. I
am proposing to set up a new server and deploy a copy of peertube there:

https://joinpeertube.org/

I have tested and I am able to do mostly the same workflow as I currently
do with Jitsi and YouTube but rather using Jitsi and PeerTube. I have made
a small test instance of peertube that I used to play with the tech:

https://peertube.kartoza.com/

I will set up and manage the server (it is easily deployed using docker),
but I don't know how much I can brand it (or rather I don't have time to
look into that part right now).

We can host it at https://tube.qgis.org or similar.

Is that ok for everyone? I would like to have it set up in time for the
next open day.

BTW one thing it lacks is chat next to live stream, but we can just use the
comment tool instead.

Thanks

 * Desktop GIS programming services
 * Geospatial web development