[Qgis-psc] Purposal of Splash for QGIS - Honor Havard

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Jun 17 05:26:02 PDT 2021

Hi Anita,

Understandable - but on the other hand - isn't this a bit late to honor
Håvard through a splash-screen in February 2022? Condolences and
honoring people should probably happen in a "timely" manner and not
months later (and you already did that in the QGIS blog post - thank
you!).

What if we would display one of the orienteering maps (or QGIS maps he
was involved with) in our website banners on the QGIS.ORG webpage
instead and link it to the blog post? Or any other ideas? We could also
honor him through a news item in the QGIS news screen where we normally
announce new versions and events.

Personally - while I do want to honor him and his work - I am not
totally sure if the splash screen many months later is the right thing
for this purpose?

Andreas

On 2021-06-17 12:27, Anita Graser wrote:

> The next "open" splash screen is 3.24 since 3.20 Odense (too close) and
> 3.22 Bialowieza (meant to commemorate their centenary celebration) are
> already set.
>
> Regards,
>
> Anita
> On 17.06.2021 11:52, Andreas Neumann wrote:
>
> Open question: Are we all talking about the 3.22 splash screen for
> Håvard? or about the 3.20 release (due tomorrow)?
>
> On 2021-06-17 10:57, DelazJ wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Thanks Joao for the thread.
> Anita, Yes we have his wife's contact.
> If there's an agreement with Andreas proposal, I can get in touch with
> her.
>
> Regards,
> Harrissou
>
> Le jeu. 17 juin 2021 à 08:10, ElPaso <elpaso at itopen.it> a écrit : Il
> 16/06/21 22:46, Anita Graser ha scritto:
>>
>>> Perhaps we can ask this commission if they have an orienteering map
>> he or the commission worked on that we can use on the Splash screen?
>>
>> Do we have any contacts that we could follow up with regarding this
>> idea?
>>

> Hi Anita,
>
> I think we have his wife's email.
>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Anita
>>

>> On 11.06.2021 14:18, Andreas Neumann wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I didn't personally know him, but it seems that Håvard was very
>>> active with orienteering maps, including being on the IOF Map
>>> Commission. Perhaps we can ask this commission if they have an
>>> orienteering map he or the commission worked on that we can use on
>>> the Splash screen?
>>>
>>> Greetings,
>>> Andreas

> Alessandro Pasotti