[Qgis-psc] [QGIS-Developer] QGIS LTR releases -- is it time to pull the plug?

Marco Bernasocchi marco at qgis.org
Mon Nov 15 23:33:02 PST 2021

Hi All, I think the first and immediate action to take is to remove 3.16.13
from the website and create a blog post stating the rollback and an apology.

After that, we can analyse, think and communicate about the next action.

@Richard Duivenvoorde <rdmailings at duif.net>  if you want you can create a
PR and assign it to Jürgen and Me.

Cheers
Marco

On Tue, 16 Nov 2021 at 08:12, Anita Graser <anitagraser at gmx.at> wrote:

> On 16.11.2021 06:46, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
> > On 11/16/21 5:19 AM, Mathieu Pellerin wrote:
> >> Most urgently: we _absolutely_ need to stop advertising 3.16.13 LTR on
> the website and fallback to 3.16.11 for now; can someone with access to the
> website do that ASAP within the next 24 hours?
> > That is if I am correct (Juergen?) editing this file:
> > https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Website/blob/master/source/schedule.py
> > and rebuild the websites...
> >
> > But I do not want to do this, as I think PSC or the package manager
> should decide.
> > Please let me know...
>
> I'm not sure if editing schedule.py is sufficient.
>
> On our other media, I've taken down the update announcement on
> https://blog.qgis.org.
>
> Regards,
>
> Anita

Marco Bernasocchi