[Qgis-psc] Fwd: @qgis has been approved for GitHub Sponsors

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Oct 7 08:07:13 PDT 2021

Hi Marco,

Thank you for your initiative and for dealing with it.

Can you be more specific what you mean with "setup to mirror the
sustaining membership"? What does it mean?

 From a user point of view I wonder why it is more user friendly to use
github as an in between entity? At the end of the day I have to provide
a credit card and issue a payment (and we already have two options for
it (stripe and paypal)). Do we think we can reach out to more donors
through github? I am not so sure if fragmenting our payment options
helps a lot.

What we still miss is a "crowd funding infrastructure" for the
aggregation of small payments towards a specific goal though (a bug fix,
a feature request). If we can provide this through github, it would be
great.

In any way - if we have a fourth payment options besides wire transfer,
Stripe and PayPal, we should mention it at https://donate.qgis.org/ - do
you plan to add the github payment option at this web page?

Thanks for your work,

Andreas