[Qgis-psc] Transifex and translation platform alternatives

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Mon Aug 22 08:59:56 PDT 2022

Hi all

And greetings to you Markus! For me I dont have any personal preference as
to which platform we use, I just tried to provide an alternative with my
rabbit hole thread. One of the things we were hoping to have is a live
translate mode. It might make it a little bit messy but possibly we could
use a low cost plan from transifex just for the QGIS.org pages (basically
stuff that we would like to be able have more layout control of and some
WYSIWYG editing in something like wordpress) and then weblate for the rest
of the content.

@Matthias Kuhn <matthias at opengis.ch> Isn't it that we just need .po file
support since we generate those from the .ts files ourselves - and those
are supported by pontoon.

Anyway it would be good to proactively move over before we suddenly get a
bill or a take down from transifex.

Andreas perhaps we can fund Harrissou or some other willing person to take
care of this? If not now, maybe in next year's budget?

​