[Qgis-psc] Transifex and translation platform alternatives

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Tue Aug 23 01:51:14 PDT 2022

Hi

On Tue, Aug 23, 2022 at 10:00 AM Jürgen E. Fischer <jef at norbit.de> wrote:

> Hi Matthias,
>
> On Tue, 23. Aug 2022 at 09:18:03 +0200, Matthias Kuhn wrote:
> > For the website we probably get away with .po files only, but if we want
> > get away from transifex we also need to migrate the application itself
> > which uses Qt .ts files. IMHO it also makes sense from a translator's
> point
> > of view to be able to work on one platform.
>
> weblate does support ts files too.   I'm going to create QGIS in osgeo's
> weblate - once I gain permission to - and give it a spin…

Thanks Jürgen - I think he was referring to pontoon not supporting .ts
files....though it seems concensus points to using weblate so we should be
all good on that front. Thanks for testing weblate out on OSGEO for QGIS.

> Jürgen
>
> --
> Jürgen E. Fischer           norBIT GmbH             Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
> Dipl.-Inf. (FH)             Rheinstraße 13          Fax. +49-4931-918175-50
> Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden
> https://www.norbit.de
> QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                 IRC: jef on Libera|OFTC

 * Desktop GIS programming services
 * Geospatial web development
* GIS Training
* Consulting Services