[Qgis-psc] Transifex and translation platform alternatives

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Tue Aug 23 03:01:27 PDT 2022

@jef-n there's an example in QGIS-Website that pushes source strings to
transifex, if you want an inspiration for a push-to-weblate:

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Website/blob/master/.github/workflows/tx_push.yml

Matthias

On Tue, Aug 23, 2022 at 10:51 AM Tim Sutton <tim at kartoza.com> wrote:

> Hi
>

> On Tue, Aug 23, 2022 at 10:00 AM Jürgen E. Fischer <jef at norbit.de> wrote:
>
>> Hi Matthias,
>>
>> On Tue, 23. Aug 2022 at 09:18:03 +0200, Matthias Kuhn wrote:
>> > For the website we probably get away with .po files only, but if we
>> want to
>> > get away from transifex we also need to migrate the application itself
>> > which uses Qt .ts files. IMHO it also makes sense from a translator's
>> point
>> > of view to be able to work on one platform.
>>
>> weblate does support ts files too.   I'm going to create QGIS in osgeo's
>> weblate - once I gain permission to - and give it a spin…
>>

> Thanks Jürgen - I think he was referring to pontoon not supporting .ts
> files....though it seems concensus points to using weblate so we should be
> all good on that front. Thanks for testing weblate out on OSGEO for QGIS.
>
> Regards
>
> Tim
>

>> Jürgen
>>
>> --
>> Jürgen E. Fischer           norBIT GmbH             Tel.
>> +49-4931-918175-31
>> Dipl.-Inf. (FH)             Rheinstraße 13          Fax.
>> +49-4931-918175-50
>> Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden
>> https://www.norbit.de
>> QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                 IRC: jef on
>> Libera|OFTC

> Tim Sutton
> Visit http://kartoza.com to find out about open source:
>  * Desktop GIS programming services
>  * Geospatial web development
> * GIS Training
> * Consulting Services
> Tim is a member of the QGIS Project Steering Committee

 <https://qfield.org/get/>

QFIELD 2.0 IS HERE! - Hold the power of QGIS in
your hand - learn more
<https://www.opengis.ch/2022/04/05/qfield-2-0-is-here/> - get it now
<https://qfield.org/get>