[Qgis-psc] Stripe donations on QGIS.ORG

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sun Jan 16 12:20:58 PST 2022

On 1/16/22 18:37, Andreas Neumann wrote:
> Dear colleagues,
>
> I heard from one person who wanted to donate through Stripe.com from https://donate.qgis.org/ <https://donate.qgis.org/> and it did not work for him.
>
> Then I tried myself - once it failed, the other two times on different browsers (Chrome and Firefox), I had to fill in ReCAPTCHAs - quite annoying - I have to say. Certainly not a good experience for our donors.
>
> Is the ReCAPTCHA thing now a required thing from stripe.com <http://stripe.com>?
>
> Thanks if you could try it if it works for you (you don't have to donate - just test).

Mmm, I tried 2x both with Firefox and Chromium (on Debian Linux), and never have to fill in a ReCAPTCHA, only check the "I'm not a robot"-checkbox every time.

Tim's colleagues did implement the ReCAPTCHA, not sure if it was a requirement or we had a lot of fake payments, I think Tim is the best source for this?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde