[Qgis-psc] DOI for QGIS project / Springer Handbook of Geoinformatics / Deadline January 20

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Jan 17 10:36:25 PST 2022

Hi Alessandro, Anita,

For MapServer, I created a DOI for the last (existing) release (so you
could do this now for QGIS 3.22.3, for example).  On Zenodo look for a
"new version" button, and then you can upload the existing archives
"final-3_22_3.zip" and "final-3_22_3.tar.gz"

For MapServer I also "reserved" (meaning got the DOI for the next future
MapServer release) by clicking that same "new version" button, and then
maybe just changing the title text (to something like "MapServer 8.0
future release") and then pressing the "Save" button, instead of the
"Publish" button - you can then see the DOI for that future release, and
then in a few weeks/month when you are ready to release that version,
got back to Zenodo and click publish.

Hope that helps,

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
GatewayGeo: Developers of MS4W, MapServer Consulting and Training