[qgis-qwc2] qwc2 questions

Sandro Mani manisandro at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 05:07:11 PDT 2018

Hi

Find some replies inline.

On 16.09.2018 16:58, info wrote:

> A mod @ GIS stack exchange put my question on hold. So here is the
> question:
>
> ---------------------------
>
> *QUESTION: *
>
> Ubuntu 18
>
> * I have problems with QGIS web client 2 features after install &
> configure w/ QGIS server.
>
> * I must be doing something incorrect with the project html link if I
> am seeing these issues i detail below, because in the demo all works
> correctly and the html links do not include wms request.
>
> * I see the html links in the demo themesConfig.json are like this:
>
> http://qwc2.sourcepole.ch/wms/themes/test
>
> *so no capabilities request or WMS? When i leave out the wms request
> from the html yarn does not want to reload the theme even after
> symbolic links for project source, wms xml, & mapserv.fcgi
>
> * I can only get the map to appear when I do the html link like this:
>
> http://qgis.demo/cgi-bin/projects/qgis_mapserv.fcgi?SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.3.0&REQUEST=GetCapabilities
>
> I assume this is the core of the issues I am seeing. What am I missing?

Add a rewrite URL rule to your webserver config, i.e. for Apache
something like:

RewriteRule ^/wms/(.+)$
/qgis/qgis_mapserv.fcgi?map=/path/to/project/basedir/$1.qgs [QSA,PT]

> --------------------------------
>
> *ISSUES:*
>
> 1: when I use print function, I get 500 internal server error after
> pressing "print" button.

I've seen this with certain QGIS server versions on Windows, that as
soon as the print template contains a Label, it errors out. See
https://issues.qgis.org/issues/15440.

>  - test project has a print composer profile setup.
>
>  - something in themesConfig.json or Config.json missing or incorrect
> possibly
>
> 2: when I click on the map the pop up window that would show map
> feature details in the demo quickly disappears and I am sent to a
> blank white screen and I must refresh browser to get the map back.

Please run the application in development mode (i.e. yarn start), open
the browser console (typically F12), and in the javascript console, you
should get a traceback. That should give a good indication of where an
error occurred.

> - this feature was working with demo project sources & broke when I
> added my source
>
> 3: When I export RASTER & DXF I get "unable to connect localhost:5000"

Your config.json contains a proxy service URL, but you aren't running
one (at least, not on localhost:5000). Either run a proxy service, or
clear the setting in config.json. Consult the documentation on why and
when a proxy service is needed.

>  - same in demo & after I added my project source.
>
>  - I see in config.json i need to configure proxy, but details are
> limited.
>
> 4: when I access QWC2 from another system on the network, I am unable
> to see the test project. The thumbnail and project layers are not
> showing up.

This is a broader problem that the qgis server / assets are not
reachable from those other systems. You'll need to double check this, it
is not a QWC2 specific issue.