[qgis-qwc2] QWC-services without Docker?

Thomas Schüttenberg thomas at qgis.de
Thu Jan 21 02:24:45 PST 2021

Hi there!

Now that I have learned to successfully get the QWC2 demo app[1] up and running, I would like to install some enhancements (a.k.a. qwc-services).

I have read about qwc-services[2] and now I have some general questions: Is it possible to deploy these extension services without Docker? And if so, how? (Because container virtualisation is unfortunately not an option in my case here).

Also, do I understand correctly that the QWC2 Demo App essentially only consists of the "QGIS Web Client 2 Components"[3] and the "QWC Map Viewer"[4]?
And that I would therefore - theoretically - need some sort of (yarn?) script that would contain the desired qwc-service sources[2] in order to compile a comprehensive, "full fletched" application bundle (as described in the demo app docs[1]?

Sorry for the possibly awkward or incorrect wording, I'm still trying to get to grips with this subject.

Any help appreciated, cheers
Thomas

[1] https://github.com/qgis/qwc2-demo-app
[2] https://github.com/qwc-services