[qgis-qwc2] QWC-services without Docker?

Sandro Mani manisandro at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 04:28:25 PST 2021

Hi Thomas

You can run the services also through other means, for instance Apache +
WSGI with a Python virtualenv. There is currently no generic example
published, but essentially you can clone all services you want to use to
some root directory and write something like

----

# Root directory
Define root_dir /var/www/qwc-services

# WSGI setup
WSGIDaemonProcess qwc2 user=www-data group=www-data processes=2
threads=5 python-home=/var/www/venv-qwc2 WSGIProcessGroup qwc2
WSGIPassAuthorization on

<Directory ${root_dir}>
Require all granted
</Directory>

# Application environment
SetEnv JWT_SECRET_KEY MY_SECRET_KEY
SetEnv CONFIG_PATH ${root_dir}/config

WSGIScriptAlias /qwc/admin ${root_dir}/qwc-admin-gui/server.wsgi
WSGIScriptAlias /qwc/ows ${root_dir}/qwc-ogc-service/server.wsgi
WSGIScriptAlias /qwc ${root_dir}/qwc-map-viewer/server.wsgi # etc...

WSGIScriptAlias /intern/config_generator${root_dir}/qwc-config-generator/server.wsgi
SetEnv INPUT_CONFIG_PATH${root_dir}/config-in/
SetEnv OUTPUT_CONFIG_PATH${root_dir}/config/

<Location /intern>
     Require ip 127.0.0.1 ::1
</Location>

----

You need to make sure the services play together, look at the
docker-compose.yml / sample tenantConfig.json as a starting point.

The demo app is just a sample application built on top of the QWC2
components. The qwc-map-viewer is the service serving a production build
of a QWC2 application. See the qwc-map-viewer README for more details.

Best
Sandro