[qgis-qwc2] Help on how to use plugins in qwc2

Xavier Moch (AFPG) xavier.moch at afpg.asso.fr
Thu Jan 20 08:00:27 PST 2022

Hello !

Thanks to some answers on my previous question, I realized that I missed something on using plugins in qwc2.

 * In the file config.json, it is possible to add a new button in the topbar with following code : {"key": "Print", "icon": "layers"},
Now, a new button appears with a new icon. It works exactly as the « Print » button.

 * I specify now a new name, replacing the above code by : {"key": "Test", "icon": "layers"},
I still get the new button, but it does not have any effect even if I duplicate the file qwc2/plugins/Print.jsx under qwc2/plugins/Test.jsx
I tried to specify this new plugin in config.json and js/appConfig.js, but it still does not work. Since I do not exactly know how to do it, it is quite sure that I did not do it that well.

Do you know where I can find a tutorial showing step by step how to add a new plugin, or can anyone explain it to me ?

Many thanks,
Xavier