[Qgis-tr] No translations and/or documentation seen!

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Sat Aug 16 05:43:30 PDT 2014

On 16-08-14 14:08, Kari Salovaara wrote:
> Anyone to whom the case belongs,
>
> I'm trying to translate also documentation but I've got some nasty
> issues relating possibility to see translated texts.
> The problem relates to Finnish language but possibly also other languages.
> - Until QGIS 2.0 it's ok that only English versions of documentation can
> be seen.
> - the latest documentation on web pages (still 2.2!) gives non existent
> documents/error that they don't exist (failure)
> - how translator knows which version of documentation he/she is
> translating ?
> - if only part of a document is translated should the rest be seen in
> English (this is the way to see the progress), and possibly the most
> country relevant issues could be translated first!
>
> I don't need explanations but action to get this working.

Hi Kari,

can you give some url's. It is not clear to me which pages you refer to.

one explanation I can think of is that older versions (of docs) were not
yet translated (enough) to be build.

other explanation is that one is looking into a (browser-) cached
version of a page.

another idea: maybe a translator translated a url which should be coded.

Anyway: please provide example pages (as much as possible) which have
dead links, as there should be NONE. Then I can maybe answer you and/or
help you. Do not underestimate the number of pages that are generated
though :-) we are just human....

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde