[Qgis-tr] A message to transifex coordinators

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Sat Mar 21 02:15:15 PDT 2015

Il 21/03/2015 07:07, Werner Macho ha scritto:
> Dear language coordinators on transifex!
>
> Out of an actual case I would like to encourage you to take a look at
> the transifex dashboard from time to time.
> I currently can see a lot of "pending join requests" which means that
> a lot of people try to help translating QGIS but cannot do it right now.
>
> It would be nice to allow them to take part in translation.

Hi Werner,
thanks for pointing this out. My choice is to ask any new applicant that
I do not know to subscribe to out translation mailing list, to introduce
her/himself, for a better coordination. Unfortunately, some of them
never reply. I'm reluctant to accept newcomers if they are not willing
to coordinate with others, as I feel they can do more harm (wrong
translations, that have to be found and fixed) than good (we do not have
many new string to translate). I have the mild feeling that someone is
just hunting around for paid translation opportunities.
Am I wrong?
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu