[Qgis-tr] Minimum of translation before publishing a doc?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Fri Dec 23 02:41:10 PST 2016

On 12/23/2016 11:29 AM, DelazJ wrote:
> Transifex Webtranslation page for QGIS is on https://www.transifex.com/qgis/
>

> Hi,
>
> If I'm not wrong there's a minimum of 40% of translation required to
> have a language published in QGIS Desktop.
> Is there this kind of requirement for QGIS Documentation (with a lower
> percentage, of course)?
> I'm browsing some available languages in QGIS2.14 doc and it's rather
> English doc.
> E.g. Hindi is available but according to Transifex, only 89 strings (on
> 32kb) have been translated in Documentation. Not sure it's worth publishing.
> This could apply to another languages, as well.
>
> Are there rules on this?

Well, roughly for the website we said:
- as soon as you translate the 'sphinx' resource, we put your language
on the website. Translating sphinx means all the landingpages and the
frontpage are at least translated (all template pages in
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Website/tree/master/themes/qgis-theme have
their strings in sphinx)

For the Documentation I think that we had something like 10% or so. The
idea is also to enourage translating by adding the docs in ones own
language.

And sometimes I just build because I liked it to see the website in
another character set :-)
And sometimes a language was added because of the copying of a script
from docs to website and vice versa

Anyway, I would not bother about this. As said, I'm also hoping that
seeing that half of your website is in english, that people start
translating :-)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde