[Qgis-tr] Backporting fix which adds string

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 22:07:53 PDT 2016

Hi Nyall,

As we do only support and follow master (which then becomes the released
version) there is (currently) no possibility to translate other versions
too.

To translate the new strings we (the translators) would then have to
download the *.ts file directly from the (updated) branch, translate it
and commit it back. Translation has obviously be done by qt-linguist -
so offline on the desktop.

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/tree/release-2_14/i18n

If the other translators are willing to do that (I dont know how many
strings it would be) I can collect all the updated ts files and commit
them back to the correct branch.

We might have to make a call for translation help on this mailing list too.

So from my point of view it is just like "working in the old days" but I
am not sure if everyone still knows what qt-linguist is, but I'd rather
give it a try if it helps the stability and funcionality of QGIS to
backport these fixes.

regards
Werner