[Qgis-tr] Help developing a project proposal for QGIS translation

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Wed Dec 6 12:21:18 PST 2017

Hi Craig,

Marathi (mr) as languages is already created:

https://www.transifex.com/qgis/QGIS/language/mr/  (0% translated)

So your translators should just create a free login at transifex, and
then ask to become a member of the 'mr'-translation team. Both Werner
and 1 other person is 'coordinating' that team. If you need help, plz
ping on this list.

For more info, see:
https://qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/translate.html?highlight=translating#id1

The language will be incorporated in offical builds when more then ??
25% ?? is translated or so. But by downloading the ts file, you can use
Linguist to create the qm file which you then can use in a local QGIS.

About the translators, QGIS if off course a technical application with a
lot of geo-words. Not sure if somebody with no geo-background is able to
create a sensible translation. But off course a lot of common words are
also to be translated.

Good luck!

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde