[Qgis-tr] some questions

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Wed Oct 4 12:59:40 PDT 2017

On 04-10-17 16:32, Stefano Campus wrote:
> Transifex Webtranslation page for QGIS is on https://www.transifex.com/qgis/
>

> thank you for you explanations
>
> @Harrissou
> Download page (http://www.qgis.org/it/site/forusers/download.html) and
> OSGEO4W64 at the moment indicate 2.14 as LTR
>
> If I open the .ts coming from
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/tree/release-2_18/i18n, I find in qt
> linguistic only the tranlsated strings, where current italian version of
> 2.18 has many strings still in english.
> in transifex I can download a complete version of strings in which there
> both the translated strings in italian and the unstranslated ones in
> english, but the version in github contains only italian strings.
> so how can I translate strings in .ts from github where there are not
> any strings to be translated?

Hi Stefano,

if I download:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/qgis/QGIS/release-2_18/i18n/qgis_it.ts

And open in a editor I see both source and translations:

    <message>
        <location
filename="../python/plugins/processing/python-i18n.cpp" line="10"/>
        <source>OTB execution console output</source>
        <translation>Risultato della console di esecuzione di
OTB</translation>
    </message>

If you release/load that one, and still see non-translated strings, you
can look them up in Linguist, translate/release/load again.

Or am I missing your point?

Regards,

Richard