[Qgis-tr] Split large strings

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mon Oct 9 00:39:07 PDT 2017

On 08-10-17 23:00, Werner Macho wrote:
> Transifex Webtranslation page for QGIS is on https://www.transifex.com/qgis/
>

> Hi!
>
> Have to test but IIRC "old" translations are still available in a *.ts
> file ..
> So maybe we should update the *.ts file next time with a switch (to be
> found) with "delete deprecated translations"
>
> I remember I once did such a thing ..

Hi Werner,

lupdate has an option -no-obsolete :

$ lupdate
Usage:
    lupdate [options] [project-file]...
    lupdate [options] [source-file|path|@lst-file]... -ts ts-files|@lst-file

lupdate is part of Qt's Linguist tool chain. It extracts translatable
messages from Qt UI files, C++, Java and JavaScript/QtScript source code.
Extracted messages are stored in textual translation source files (typically
Qt TS XML). New and modified messages can be merged into existing TS files.

    -help  Display this information and exit.
    -no-obsolete
           Drop all obsolete and vanished strings.

I think the drawback of doing this always is that you loose some
'memory' when only the 'key' has been changed (instead of being
removed). But not 100% sure here..

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde