[Qgis-tr] how to copy translation from 2.99 (transifex) to 2.18 (ts on github)

Stefano Campus skampus at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 13:10:04 PDT 2017

as you know, I'm translating the development version.
I noticed however that version 2.18 lacks about 5000 strings that are
instead translated into the current version of transifex.

I'd like to insert the missing strings translated in the newer version into
the older version. Also some strings have been corrected in the new version
and I'd like to replace them in the older.

I used lconvert in this form:

lconvert -i 2.18.ts 2.99.ts -o total.ts

But QT Linguist warns that in total.ts there are duplicated strings.

Is it possible to insert in the older version (2.18) only the strings that
are the same (in english) from the newer (2.99)?

thank you in advance

s,