[Qgis-tr] How to use the QGIS GUI translation file immediately.

Sveinn í Felli sv1 at fellsnet.is
Tue Aug 18 04:30:26 PDT 2020

Þann 18.8.2020 09:18, skrifaði Stefano Campus:
> Transifex Webtranslation page for QGIS is on https://www.transifex.com/qgis/
>

> ciao,
> I would like to immediately use the GUI translation file I have in
> Transifex and do the following.
> 1) Download the file with .ts extension from Transifex
> (for_use_QGIS_qgis-application_it.ts)
> 2) in QT Linguist, I check that there are the strings just translated and
> compile the ts file to make it qgis_it.qm,
> 3) I put it in the i18n folder C: \ OSGeo4W64 \ apps \ qgis-dev \ i18n and
> replace the present  one
> 4) i launch qgis dev
>
> unfortunately I don't see the new translated strings.
> in your opinion, why don't I see the new strings?

This has also happened to me on Linux; I guess the .ts file must
correspond *excactly* to the version used for your build of QGIS.
To get that file you should download the right version from git and
merge the new translations into that one.

Best,
Sveinn í Felli