[Qgis-tr] [Qgis-community-team] Important: translation of QGIS-Documentation changes

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mon Mar 16 08:11:13 PDT 2020

On 3/16/20 3:36 PM, Alexander Bruy wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> пн, 16 бер. 2020 о 16:26 Richard Duivenvoorde <rdmailings at duif.net> пише:
>> 3) I will move translations (sometimes < 0.5% translated) of about 50(!)
>> languages from transifex into git (locale dir).
>> And will automate that, so we can pull it into github automagically
>> every now and then...
>
> Does this mean that people can start using GitHub and more usable tools
> for translation instead of Transifex?

:-) from your tone I understand you are not a fan ?

The cool thing about using transifex is that people can (theoretically)
work in parallel, AND transifex is 'responsible' that nobody is
overwriting somebody's else work.. AND it (theoretically) should be
easier to 'just start translating'...
(Off course you can/could always just download the po file from
transifex in your favourite tool and upload it again.)

That we now put the po files in git is more a practicality of the build
process.

The model I was thinking about now:
- people still translate on transifex (or down/up-load to it)
- the project would be responsible to periodically pull the po files
from transifex into github
- builds will be done based on locale files from git
- the project will be responsible for periodically push new source files
and updates to transifex

We are free to choose whatever model we want, for example IF a
language-coordinator prefers NOT to use transifex, but work via PR's in
github, I think we could remove the language from transifex and make the
language-coordinator responsible for handling PR's then in github?

Would you prefer that?

Note that we are open to whatever works best! Just let us know.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde