[Qgis-tr] [Qgis-community-team] Important: translation of QGIS-Documentation changes

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 11:01:14 PDT 2020

Hi Richard,

пн, 16 бер. 2020 о 17:11 Richard Duivenvoorde <rdmailings at duif.net> пише:
> :-) from your tone I understand you are not a fan ?

Yep, I never was a fan of transifex and try to avoid it whenever I can.

> The cool thing about using transifex is that people can (theoretically)
> work in parallel, AND transifex is 'responsible' that nobody is
> overwriting somebody's else work.. AND it (theoretically) should be
> easier to 'just start translating'...

The not cool thing is all this are "theoretically". Probably it is only me, but
I have not found way to not loose translation when editing the same piece
of text simultaneously from two different accounts. Whenever I try to download
ts file it looses all translation history, only latest strings are
here, not the previous
version. Not to mention lack of the context which is very essential for GUI
translations. Also downloading and uploading files extremely slow.
Again, probably
it is only me.

I'm not saying that everyone should adopt GitHub or something else. Just asking.
If I'm not wrong, previously the only way was to use Transifex for
translations, git
was used only as backup. Personally I already use private github repo to manage
translations and upload files to transifex when I feel it is ready.

--
Alexander Bruy