[Qgis-tr] Portuguese words in English version of QGIS

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sat May 9 03:30:56 PDT 2020

Hi Hassan, Zoltan.

Well yes, but we also decided that as English is QGIS first language to
try to provide at least an English version if possible.
And only if that is not suitable (for example if the plugins is really
language/country specific) it was ok to create a non-english version.
BUT then provide an english readme which explains that the plugin is in
language xx-YY because ... So other users are not shown plugin
descriptions which they cannot understand.

In this case a 'Batch Heatmaps' does not sound very specific Portugease :-)

So I wanted to ask the author if it is possible to at least provide an
english text, but then read issue 1 [0]

Maybe we should try to make it easier to create translations, I'll offer
help in a new issue [1]?

This plugin is downloaded 2300 times since dec 2019... so it is of
interest :-)

Looking at issue 1 [0] it looks like plugins.qgis.org is used as a
public repo for a private plugin, which is not in our interest I would
say? Or am I too strict?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde

[0] https://github.com/geobetim/BatchHeatmaps/issues/1