[Qgis-tr] Update of translation of Web Documentation

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Tue Oct 6 00:29:28 PDT 2020

On 10/4/20 10:46 PM, Stefano Campus wrote:

> If I'm not mistaken, the synchronization between TX and the website is not automatic.
> please can you explain how to do it?

Note that we are building 3.10 for translations.

The website is build directly from the (translation/po) sources which in github (because pulling from tx takes so long).

So we choose to periodically (at least once per week) either Harrissou or me are pulling from tx and then committing/pushing to github. This could be automated, but... nobody did it yet, and there is also the argument that it will fill up our repo very quick (as every little change is ... well a change).
I build every couple of days (

So what is the reason that you want to do it? If you want to check your transifex translations, I would try to learn how to build italian site and/or docs. The instructions in the README are I think pretty good and easy to do on Windows or Linux.
You can for example built italian from github then, and pull (via tx website) those italian po files that you want to check and copy them in your local setup.

Hope this is enough, else we have to change current workflow (automate it more, but there is more work (for us) in involved)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde