[Qgis-tr] Fwd: Turn off similar locale translation fill up

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 17:02:15 PDT 2022

Hi Delaz,

That's exactly the option I was talking about. For our case PT_pt it makes
sense to have it deactivated, hence my suggestion.

Thanks for deactivating it. It will have impact next time the resources get
updated.

Regarding Stefano problem, I read in documentation that it's possible to
only save in translation memory the reviewed resources. It could solve the
italian team problem, as they try to review all strings, but for others it
would mean loosing lot's of translated strings every time the resources get
updated.

One thing I wonder, do we really need to update all strings when a new QGIS
version is released? Could we somehow only update the resources that where
changed since last release? That would preserve the resources translations
and reviews, I think.

Oh wait, nevermind, I forgot that qgis desktop has one single resource...

The only way I can imagine is to make sure to review 100% of the
translation and, as soon as the new resources arrive, consider all the
(automatically) translated strings reviewed.

Alexandre Neto