[QGIS-trac] Re: [Quantum GIS] #2301: problem when editing adjacent polygons and "enable toplogical editing" not active

Quantum GIS qgis at qgis.org
Tue Dec 22 14:06:43 EST 2009

#2301: problem when editing adjacent polygons and "enable toplogical editing" not
active
-----------------------------------------------------+----------------------
        Reporter:  lutra                             |         Owner:  nobody
            Type:  bug                               |        Status:  new
       Component:  Digitising                        |       Version:  HEAD
      Resolution:                                    |      Keywords:
Platform_version:                                    |      Platform:  All
        Must_fix:  Yes                               |   Status_info:  0
-----------------------------------------------------+----------------------
Comment (by lutra):

 Replying to [comment:1 mhugent]:
 > So I wonder if this should be classified as bug.

 I believe that this "bug" takes origin from the following.

 Take two adjacent polygons and leave "enable toplogical editing" disabled.
 Then with the node tool add nodes along a "common" segment. Obviously the
 new nodes are added only to the active polygon.

 To show this new nodes as belonging only to one of the two polygons, the
 markers are rendered has half circles (I know that now are crosses, but it
 is the same), because I guess the other half is rendered under the
 adjacent polygon.

 This is ok, but when it comes to reshape a polygon in a way that it has to
 overlap the adjacent one, then you see the described behavior. The problem
 is this way you can see the nodes but you cannot see the new shape.

 I understand it might be a not very common situation but it can happen
 indeed.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/2301#comment:2>
Quantum GIS <http://qgis.org>