[Qgis-us-user] Meeting in Chattanooga TN - June 16th 2016

Tom M paview9 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 08:20:02 PDT 2016

Randy

I wish I could be there.  I just wanted to give you an update.  I just
finished a workshop on QGIS at the GeoEd 2016 Conference in Louisville, KY.
<x-apple-data-detectors://0>  I once again used the awesome curriculum from
Phil's crew http://spatialquerylab.com/foss4g-academy-curriculum/ specifically
GST 101 Unit 2 and 4. Then we discussed other tools in QGIS - Select by
Attributes, Select by Location, etc.  There were 14 attendees.  There was a
mix of educators and governmental personnel and a mix of beginners and
advanced users.

I also discussed Kurt's new book: https://communityhealthmaps.nlm.nih.gov/

Finally I put a plug in for Geo4All labs.  I have not joined (one of my
jobs this summer).

Thanks

Tom Mueller