[Qgis-us-user] Question on QGIS Browser and ipv4 dependencies

Gire Nathan J Nathan.J.Gire at irs.gov
Mon Apr 30 06:53:38 PDT 2018

Hello QGIS US User Digest,

Thanks for making this space available for users.  I have a question on QGIS Browser - does it (or any particular version of it) have dependencies on ipv4 for its use?  I currently work in an ipv6-only environment at work but I've convinced them to work on establishing a QGIS trial server -and if there's any ipv4 dependencies in QGIS it'll be a no-go.  At this point it can be hosted on either a Windows or Linux server, with a slight lean from our IT folks towards a Windows server, if that is useful to know.

Thanks for your time and consideration,

-Nate G.

Nathan J. Gire
Program Evaluation and Risk Analyst
Research, Applied Analytics and Statistics
Internal Revenue Service
PMF 2015-2017
RPCV Peru 2010-2012