[Qgis-us-user] question about linking multiple data sets so they can be turned on/off

Dan Nichols dan.nichols at gmail.com
Sun May 12 08:28:24 PDT 2019

Not sure if I posted anything about this before but still looking for
answers.

I'm new to QGIS, obviously.

I've loaded a shapefile of a us congressional district, which spreads
across 3 counties
Next I have added shapefiles of voter precincts in those counties.
Next I have joined excel files of voter data from 2018 to the 3 individual
counties/precincts.
So I have the district and 3 county/precinct/data layers. I've added a
color ramp
so far all good, pretty excited at what I accomplished.

Now I want to add data from 2016
I understand I could join additional excel files, but then all the data
from both years would
be included. What I want is to be able to select/unselect the 2 years,
ultimately be able to add
additional data, such as demographics. Need to be able to turn on/off each
data set.

I got the impression somewhere I could save/export what I have so far,
start over? and do the same thing with the other data? but I'm not at all
clear on exactly how to do that.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan