[Qgis-us-user] Photos import

Randal Hale rjhale at northrivergeographic.com
Tue Apr 7 16:33:42 PDT 2020

Does the photo path contain the name of the photo? For instance you have
a path of:

https://www.gaiagps.com/api/objects/photo/86cab4644838520b02cd56a102b03e0e/image/375/

Does that URL contain the name of the file (like trail.jpg) or is that
somewhere else?

Reason is you might be able to reconstruct a new path and not import
each individually and you can take some advantage of using QGIS (without
the EVIS plugin) to view your photos (but first the file path issue -
then the other issue).

Randy

On 4/7/20 4:39 PM, David Knox wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
> Newbie here. I've read and watched youtube videos for eVis about
> importing/adding photos to waypoints. It led me to taking a look at
> the specs for GPX, KML, KMZ, and GeoJSON. Learned the important
> differences. I have a situation where I'm importing a KMZ and also
> tried GeoJSON. The import comes from the Gaia website. In this case
> the KMZ doesn't include the compressed photos but rather a URL. The
> GeoJSON has the URLs as expected.
>
> The eVis Event Browser asks for the attribute containing the File
> Path. This is the attribute that contains the value of the folder or
> URL where the photos are located. If the File Path is relative, then
> the Base Path which will be appended to the  File Path.
>
> Here's the problem I see. In the KML and GeoJASON I see the URL for
> each photo under the 'photos" attribute:
> "web_url":
> "https://www.gaiagps.com/api/objects/photo/86cab4644838520b02cd56a102b03e0e/image/375/
>
> The relative File Path URL is
> https://www.gaiagps.com/api/objects/photo. But each individual photo
> has its own path, for
> example: 86cab4644838520b02cd56a102b03e0e/image/375/.
>
> It appears I would need to import each photo individually. Is that the
> case or have I misunderstood something?
>
> Sorry for the lengthy dialog. Appreciate the help.
>
> david
>
> --
> Deputy Trails Lead
> Mobile/Text 303-748-8906