[Qgis-us-user] Geo-referenced maps and Loading the Current Version-Troubles with both

Raymond Berthiaume rcberthiaume at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 11:48:21 PDT 2020

Good Afternoon!

I have been using QGIS on my work laptop PC without issue.  I have been trying to utilize the same on my iMac at home, with some problems.
With QGIS 3 I am able to upload most files, .sid and .tif, okay, and generate appropriate maps.  These maps, however are not geo-referenced like they are on my pc.

Also, I have attempted to upload the most current version of QGIS, 3.10, and continue to get an error that the program needs to be updated by the developer because apple cannot verify for any malware.

I am running MAC OS Catalina 10.15.3 and am downloading directly from the QGIS website, downloads page.

Is there something else that I should be doing in order to be able to load the current version, and also to be able to generate geo-referenced maps?

Thank you for any advice and assistance.

Ray
Raymond Berthiaume
rcberthiaume at gmail.com