[Qgis-us-user] Newbie question about importing shapefiles and layers from Arcmaps

Doug Newcomb gistinker at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 06:17:40 PST 2022

Judith,
QGIS will read almost all of the commonly used  Raster formats. One
exception, for now, is the undocumented proprietary raster layers inside an
esri file geodatabase. Vector layers inside esri file geodatabase can be
read just fine by QGIS, due to the reverse engineering efforts of the gdal
project.  Look at https://www gdal.org for a complete list of formats
supported by gdal, most of which are compiled into QGIS.

Doug