[Qgis-user] one raster from tiles

Jacolin Yves yjacolin at free.fr
Mon Apr 21 06:04:26 PDT 2008

Le Monday 21 April 2008 14:04:39 Lionel Roubeyrie, vous avez écrit :
> Hi all,
> I have several tiles rasters (geotiff) describing a large area in high
> resolution, and generally I work on a small area, having to import all
> tiles because they don't have explicit names (and without the possibility
> to put them directly under a group (see a previous post), which should be a
> great improvement).
> Then, is it possible to extract/create a new raster for the desired area
> with QGIS/GRASS (know it's possible with Arcmap, with difficulties) ?
> Thanks

Hi Lionel,

You can use gdaltindex to create an indexof your tile in shapefile format,
after displaying it you can show the "location" field on your map and find
the filename of the Raster you have to load for your area.

If you want to extract an area from your raster you can again use gdal [1]
with some option to cut all data out of your area. I think you can use
g.region to zoom into your area and then export the raster from your view
region, after creating one main raster.

I am agreeing with you for a better group management ;) May I need to create a
new ticket? Another possibility should be that QGIS manage index file.

Y.
--
Yves Jacolin
---