[Qgis-user] transferable project

Jan Valenta valenta at irsm.cas.cz
Tue Apr 22 04:47:16 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I want to make a QGIS "transferable project". This means, that the same
project file must be usable on Windows as well on Linux. Is this
possible to achieve with QGIS? I would like to put the whole directory
structure on CD or on some other place on the hard disk, but I don't
know how to set up the QGIS xml file to use relative paths instead of
the absolute ones.

Can the Linux and Windows version of the QGIS automatically switch
between the "/" and "\" slashes? And how do you cope with the disk
lettering ("D:\", "E:") in windows? Is there any way, how to use
relative paths? I'm sorry but I didn't find anything useful in the
archives.

Thanks for your help,
Jan.