[Qgis-user] Navigation with the middle mouse button

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Apr 22 06:23:47 PDT 2008

Hello,

I have a few questions/suggestions regarding navigation.

I think that a few weeks/months ago, when zooming in or out with the mouse
wheel qgis used the position of the mouse cursor as the center to zoom in
or out. However, with the current versions, this behavior seems to have
changed. Now, always the center of the current map extent is used - which
is sub-optimal in my opinion.

I would also like to suggest that when clicking and dragging with the
middle mouse button (wheel) one automatically changes to the panning mode.
This is the case in many other systems and it is very efficient. No need
to press an icon or press a key at the keyboard. I know, not all systems
have mouse wheels or middle mouse buttons (esp. with some Apple mice), but
for those who have, this navigation mode would be very efficient.

What are your opinions?

Andreas

--
Andreas Neumann
Böschacherstrasse 6, CH-8624 Grüt/Gossau, Switzerland