[Qgis-user] how to export mapfile in qgis?

Chen kuja eiclkun at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 02:33:46 PDT 2008

hi all,
       I just installed the qgis 0.92. But when I try to export mapfile,  a
dialogue box  popped  up("An error has occured while executing Python code:").
I've installed the python1.5.2 before installing qgis. Also, I chose c:\qgis
as Qgis's folder. But stil, same  error message like

Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "C:/qgis/./python/plugins\mapserver_export\mapserverexport.py", line
81, in run
  exporter = Qgis2Map(self.dlg.ui.txtQgisFilePath.text(),
self.dlg.ui.txtMapFilePath.text())
 File "C:/qgis/./python/plugins\mapserver_export\ms_export.py", line 37, in
__init__
  self.qgs = minidom.parse(projectFile)
 File "C:\Python25\Lib\xml\dom\minidom.py", line 1913, in parse
  return expatbuilder.parse(file)
 File "C:\Python25\Lib\xml\dom\expatbuilder.py", line 928, in parse
  result = builder.parseFile(file)
 File "C:\Python25\Lib\xml\dom\expatbuilder.py", line 204, in parseFile
  buffer = file.read(16*1024)
AttributeError: read

My OS is winXp sp2. Besides, same thing happened after I installed qgis on
my roommate's pc which has nothing to do with any kind of gis software.
I know nothing about python, and I've tried almost everything I could find
by google. So any helpful information would be appreciated. I need this to
accomplish my graduating design..so plz..

ps.
"C:/qgis/./python/plugins\mapserver_export\mapserverexport.py
C:\Python25\Lib\xml\dom\minidom.py"
two different kinds of  slash, will it causes the problem?