[Qgis-user] installing on Ubuntu

Chris H chris123 at magma.ca
Fri Apr 25 19:02:46 PDT 2008

On Wednesday 23 April 2008 21:42:58 Chris H wrote:
> Greets
>
> Currently running Kubuntu 8.04RC and having difficulty installing qgis from
> the designated repository timlinux on launchpad.

Based on off line discussion we've determined that there are currently no
builds available for the K/Ubuntu 8.04 series so I would like to build from
source. Downloading the src via svn provides for two sets of Install notes
Install.txt and Install2.txt

They differ enough to warrant a question. I'm going to assume the steps in
Install2.txt are the preferred manner in building qgis on an K/Ubuntu based
system. Correct assumption?...:)

Best and thanks

--
/ch