[Qgis-user] installing on Ubuntu

Micha Silver Micha at arava.co.il
Fri Apr 25 02:14:38 PDT 2008

Jürgen E. Fischer-3 wrote:

> BTW if I understood correctly Chris downloaded and installed the debs
> from launchpad manually instead of using apt-get - including an old
> version of libqgis1.  Using apt-get that shouldn't happen.

Good morning,
I ran apt-get to update my system (Kubuntu 7.10) and got the latest qgis
0.10.0 with the required new libqgis-core0.10, libqgisgrass0.10, libqgis1,
and libgdal1-1.4.0.
It seems grass rasters will not display. I can create rasters using the
grass plugin, then I can view those raster in GRASS independently of qgis.
But any attempt to open any grass raster in qgis results in "unsupported
raster format" error and qgis crashes. GRASS vectors, on the other hand,
display fine.
What have I missed?
Thanks,
Micha