[Qgis-user] Diagram branch - move to trunk or compile for Windows?

John Abraham jabraham at ucalgary.ca
Fri Aug 8 09:41:31 PDT 2008

I have a need for diagram symbology -- little pie charts or bar charts
on top of each shape.  This is present in the "Diagram Branch", that
I've successfully checked out and built for MacOS.  But it was a painful
process for me, as a Java programmer, to compile a C program.

I imagine I will have even more trouble trying to compile under Windows,
since I'm even less of a Windows programmer than I am a C programmer.
Has someone built (can someone build?) the Diagram Branch for Windows,
and if so can they ship it to me?

Or, even better, can it be integrated into the trunk now?

Background: we're hoping to include QGIS (and PostgreSQL and PostGIS) in
our standard distribution of PECAS, an open-source spatial economic
simulation framework that state and local governments use to evaluate
transportation infrastructure, transportation policy and land use
regulations.  Government agencies run two scenarios for 30 years with
PECAS, and then want to look at the differences between the scenarios,
and the trends through time, on a GIS.  Bar charts are good for showing
trends through time, and can also be good for showing two values (from
two scenarios) side-by-side.

--
John Abraham
jabraham at ucalgary.ca