[Qgis-user] After fresh compilation under Ubuntu Hardy error "Couldn't load PyQGIS"

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Sat Aug 9 07:30:06 PDT 2008

On Sat, 2008-08-09 at 00:48 +0200, Tim Sutton wrote:
> Hi Nikos
>
> There have been some issues with QGIS svn compile from source being
> linked to incorrect QGIS libs so at runtime the qgis app is using the
> wrong lib. Try checking your QGIS executable and checking that all the
> QGIS cor, gui and python libs it is linked to are as expected.
>
> Regards
>
> Tim

[...]

Tim, thank you for your concern. Finally I installed the ubuntu packages
python-qgis (as Alex Mandel recommended) along with the
libgdal(someversion) and it worked. Still I would like to know if it is
possible to avoid installing any gdal-package from the ubuntu
repositories as I want to avoid any conflicts between custom
installations from source and utilities installed from the repo's.

Thank you all, Nikos