[Qgis-user] After fresh compilation under Ubuntu Hardy error "Couldn't load PyQGIS"

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Sun Aug 10 01:17:21 PDT 2008

Nikos Alexandris pisze:

> Tim, thank you for your concern. Finally I installed the ubuntu packages
> python-qgis (as Alex Mandel recommended) along with the
> libgdal(someversion) and it worked. Still I would like to know if it is
> possible to avoid installing any gdal-package from the ubuntu
> repositories as I want to avoid any conflicts between custom
> installations from source and utilities installed from the repo's.

Nikos,

If you install something from source, you better build all dependent
software from source too. Otherwise it's hard to avoid multiple version
instalations, versions conflicts, linking issues and it's much harder to
find out if some strange error you currently witness is due to those, or
a real bug in the software.

So if you need GDAL from source, build GRASS, GDAL-GRASS plugin and QGIS
(and whatever else) from source too.

Maciek

--
Maciej Sieczka