[Qgis-user] editing dbf files

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Mon Aug 11 09:38:10 PDT 2008

Hi List,

I've these pretty big .dbf-files (that is more then the 64000something
you can edit in Excel/Openoffice), without corresponding shp file.
I was told to edit those in arcview, but off course wanted to do this in
qgis. But I fail to open/edit them.

I tried both in metis in xp and ubuntu. I can open the file (as a
'raster'), but when I try to look at the 'table', qgis either shows the
columns, but empty fields of crashes (in ubuntu rasing a warning:
WARNING: This code (file
/build/buildd/qgis-0.11.0/src/core/qgsvectorlayer.cpp, line 1068) should
never be reached. Problems may occur...

question:
should qgis be able to edit a stand-alone dbf-file?
if so, what's the right way to do this/
if not: I'm aware there are other options to do this ;-)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde