[Qgis-user] QGIS looses toolbar icons after changing background color

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Sun Aug 17 18:10:51 PDT 2008

On Sun, 2008-08-17 at 18:02 -0700, Alex Mandel wrote:
> Nikos Alexandris wrote:

> >> Quitting and re-launching qgis gives last selected background color with
> >> icons-buttons. Repeating steps 1,2 (above) (re)produces the error.
> >
> > Ohh!! My "icon theme" is empty in the "Settings > Options" dialog!
> > What's up?
> >

> Does anything change if you launch qgis directly, not from inside grass?
No. Problem remains.

> Alex

P.S. But I still did not take time to correct the following problem
which shouldn't be that difficult to fix.

(copy-paste from http://www.nabble.com/Re%
3A-grass6.4-develbrunch-revision-32726%
3A-undefined-reference-to-`G_no_gisinit'-td18947949.html)

Funny! Today I recompiled all osgeo packages on my Ubuntu-box (install
proj4, install geos, compile gdal_stable without GRASS support, compile
GRASS6.4.svn, compile gdal-grass-plugin, compile qgis_0_11_0). I
carefully linked properly to the "local" installed libraries while
configuring QGIS with ccmake.

Now, while I run QGIS from within GRASS and use GRASS tools without
problems, I can't even load the GRASS-plugin if I run QGIS outside of
the GRASS-shell.

The error message is:
qgis: symbol lookup error: /usr/local/lib/libqgisgrass.so.1.0:
undefined
symbol: G__no_gisinit