[Qgis-user] Hello from new user in Syria

Dr. Gerhard Rappold gerhard.bgr at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 22:01:20 PDT 2008

Hello qgis users,

I hook on this list after using qgis for a while. Now I am getting more
seriously.

We want to introduce qGIS as one optional GIS program in the Ministry of
Irrigation in Syria. Syria lacks of the US- Embargo and commercial US
software can only used with high restrictions. (Currently ArcGIS 9.x and
  ArcView 3.x can not be used in Syria, about ArcGIS 8.x the situation
is not completely clear).
Furthermore as a developing project we have to consider that the
partners budget for software is rather small and the willingness to pay
is close to zero. (you get every software for less than a Euro as a crack)
qGIS is one of our choices.

Regards,

Gerhard

BGR - Federal Institute for Geosciences and Natural Resources
Dr. Gerhard Rappold - Project Coordinator
"Advisory Service to the Ministry of Irrigation"
mobile: 00963 (0) 947153617

BGR - German House,
Mehdi Bin Barake Str.
P.O. Box 30757