[Qgis-user] using ECW in Qgis

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Wed Feb 27 12:10:50 PST 2008

Hi

Leandro the packages I buidl for Ubuntu have no support for ecw as
they use the standard gdal libs that are available through ubuntu. To
get ecw support I dont know of any way other than compiling gdal from
source - though others on this list may know of repositories for gdal
binaries with ecw support.

For specific questions relating to compiling gdal, please refer to the
gdal home page and mailing lists. If you want to see ecw support come
into mainstream ubuntu gdal builds you should probably file a request
for packaging with the ubuntu folks.

Ate+

Regards

Tim