[Qgis-user] manual revision

Tara Athan tara_athan at alt2is.com
Fri Jun 6 07:27:57 PDT 2008

In preparation for the release of QGIS 1.0, we are looking at revamping
the manual.  We need
1. feedback from the user community
and
2. assistance in rewriting the latex source code for the manual.

Regarding item 1
       the manual is currently formatted with even and odd pages. Is
this necessary? Does anyone printout the manual in book form? If we went
to a one-sided format, would this bother anyone? Please post your input
on the qgis-user mailing list.

Regarding item 2
      please let us know if you would be interested in assisting with
the manual revision. The current task is converting the inconsistent
inline styles - for buttons, filenames, menu options, etc - to a set of
conventions defined in the foreword. If you would like to help, please
join the qgis-community-team mailing list and send a post.

Thanks in advance for your contributions

Tara