[Qgis-user] Why not in the forum? / Problem in Kubuntu

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Sat Jun 7 14:47:58 PDT 2008

My personal take, is that a forum takes too much time to go to, and
nested topics can be hard to find. Also this list is web searchable and
readable as threads/forums through a variety of sites like
http://www.nabble.com/qgis-user-f31170.html
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.qgis.user
(I'll try to get these links to be prominent on the help section of the
wiki and website.)

Any real resolutions and common problems probably should make their way
to the wiki at some point.

I do see the flip side of forums being more prevalent in search engines,
the biggest issue being that I don't see people going to forums much
until they have an issue. Really Nabble, Gmane and RSS and NNTP just
need to be highlighted more in areas that newer users will find.

Alex